A few basic, nitpicky things. All articles should have:
- A suggested headline that is strong, and attention grabbing. Quotes can work very well.
- A subhead or intro in the case of longer stories, summarising what you are saying
- Be between 600 and 1000 words.
- Longer pieces should have eye-catching subheadings to break the content into pieces so that readers can skim through and read the bits that are more interesting to them.
Think of them as ‘chapters’ of your story.
- You must tell us if you want to be credited and what name we should use for you, or if you want to be anonymous. Ditto for your sources.
(NOTE: CAGE represents cases of individuals based on the remit of our work. Supporting a case does not mean we agree with the views or actions of the individual. Content published on CAGE may not reflect the official position of our organisation.)