- The police may enter your home forcefully and shout in order to disorientate those inside. You should remain calm and reassure your family.
- If you have women in your household who wear the headscarf then they should do so immediately.
- Comply with police instructions and avoid confrontation.
- Seek immediate legal assistance.
- Record any unacceptable behaviour by the police.
- Raids can occur at any “reasonable” time. Raids at dawn, for example, are considered “reasonable.”
(NOTE: CAGE represents cases of individuals based on the remit of our work. Supporting a case does not mean we agree with the views or actions of the individual. Content published on CAGE may not reflect the official position of our organisation.)