- You should remain calm and courteous.
- Request to contact your solicitor.
- You should be allowed to speak to your solicitor unless the officer thinks it will unduly delay the examination
- After 1 hour, you have the right to speak to a solicitor
- You should record what has happened to you with a pen and paper including who you spoke to, which department they’re from, what you were asked and what your answers were.
(NOTE: CAGE represents cases of individuals based on the remit of our work. Supporting a case does not mean we agree with the views or actions of the individual. Content published on CAGE may not reflect the official position of our organisation.)