- You can be searched, detained and questioned for up to six hours.
- If you are stopped for over an hour, police must hand you a Notice of Detention form
- Your pictures can be taken
- Your DNA and fingerprints can only be taken with your consent. However, failure to give your consent could result in your arrest.
- Your belongings can be seized and held for up to 7 days, including your electronics and passport.
- You may be asked to provide passwords for your devices.
(NOTE: CAGE represents cases of individuals based on the remit of our work. Supporting a case does not mean we agree with the views or actions of the individual. Content published on CAGE may not reflect the official position of our organisation.)