- Under Schedule 7 you may be asked to surrender your passwords. If you do not comply, you risk committing an offence.
- However, if you have followed the above steps most of your confidential information will remain private.
- If after this there is still confidential or work material on your phone you are allowed to assert confidentiality and officers should cease search.
- You may be without your devices for a week, so be prepared for that too.
- If you are stopped under Schedule 7, make sure you contact a lawyer and get in touch with CAGE.
(NOTE: CAGE represents cases of individuals based on the remit of our work. Supporting a case does not mean we agree with the views or actions of the individual. Content published on CAGE may not reflect the official position of our organisation.)