(Note: Working draft)
What is CAGE?
CAGE is an independent grassroots organisation striving for a world free of injustice and oppression. We campaign against discriminatory state policies and advocate for due process and the rule of law.
CAGE is the data controller of the personal information you provide to us. This means that it is CAGE and not a third-party organisation that decides how and why your data is processed.
You can contact CAGE by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or alternatively over the phone on 02073776700.
Why CAGE holds and processes your data?
We do this for a number of reasons, including:
- Record-keeping – to keep records of any donations made or communications with our supporters
- Marketing purposes – to send supporters information about our fundraising, projects and appeals where they have consented to us doing so
- Contractual obligations – to fulfil contracts, such as on-line purchases through our shops Depending on the type of transaction concerned, our legal basis for processing your data will be either your consent, or fulfilment of a contract. For example, if you sign up to our newsletter, or make a donation, our legal basis for processing the data you provide us with in relation to this will be your consent. If you make a purchase through our online store, our legal basis for processing the data you provide us with in relation to this will be fulfilment of contract.
How and when CAGE collects data about you?
CAGE can collect data about you in the following circumstances:
1. When you give it to us directly
For example when you make a donation, sign up for our events, or make purchases from our on-line shop.
2. When you access CAGE’s social media
We may also collect data through your use of social media, such as Facebook, WhatsApp and Twitter, depending on your settings or the privacy policies of these social media and messaging services. To change your settings on these services, please refer to their privacy notices, which will tell you how to do this.
A Cookie is used to improve your experience of this website. A Cookie remembers you for the duration of your visit or each time you visit. It makes the website faster and easier to navigate between pages.
A Cookie is a small text file. It is stored on your device by a website’s server for reading. Only the server can read the file. Each Cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers. It does not contain personal data. You can choose to opt out of using Cookies.
To find out more there is lots of information available on the internet, search the word ‘website cookie’.
What data does CAGE collect?
When you contact CAGE to make a donation, purchase an item online, take a campaign action, or sign up to any of CAGE’s activities or online content, such as newsletters, or you telephone, email, write to or text CAGE, or engage with CAGE on our social media channels, we may receive and retain
personal information about you.
The information we collect is relevant to the type of transaction you are entering into. If you are making a donation, or a purchase, for example, we will collect details such as your name, emailaddress, postal address, phone number, and bank account details.
Sensitive Personal Data
We do not routinely collect sensitive personal data (such as ethnicity) from our supporters, unless for casework or research purposes. Where we do request such information, we will always lay out clearly the reasons why we are requesting it, and only collect it with your express consent.
All sensitive personal data is stored on a secure database, and is available to you at any point should you wish to see it.
How will CAGE use your personal data?
- CAGE will use your data for the following purposes:
Administrative reasons – such as keeping records of donation and correspondence, and to fulfil any sales contracts you have entered into with CAGE
- Marketing and fundraising reasons
Will CAGE share your personal data with third parties?
We will only ever use your data for the purposes for which it was obtained.
We may need to share your information with service providers who help us to deliver our projects, or to fundraise. These data processors will only act under our instruction and are subject to pre- contract scrutiny and contractual obligations containing strict data protection clauses. We do not allow these organisations to use your data for their own purposes or disclose it to other third parties and we will take all reasonable care to ensure that they keep your data secure.
Your data is only processed outside the EU where CAGE has verified that appropriate standards and safeguards are in place.
How long will CAGE store your data for?
In accordance with our legal obligations, CAGE will not store personal data indefinitely. CAGE will hold your personal data for as long as is necessary to complete the task for which it was originally collected.
You have the following rights in relation to the processing of your personal data:
- To be informed about how CAGE uses your data
- To request access to your data held by CAGETo request that your data is amended if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- To request that your data is erased
- To request that the processing of your data is restricted
- To object to your data being processed
You also have the right to withdraw your consent to your data being processed at any time.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact CAGE at email@example.com, or alternatively over the phone on 0300 030 2243.
If you have a concern about the way in which CAGE is collecting or using your data, you also have the right to raise this concern with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on 0303 123 1113.