The most blessed time of Ramadan is fast approaching. This is a golden chance for you to gain rewards by giving charity during these last 10 days and helping us to continue standing firm against injustice.
“Spend (in charity) out of the sustenance that We have bestowed on you before that time when death will come to someone, and he shall say: “O my Lord! If only you would grant me reprieve for a little while, then I would give in charity, and be among the righteous.”
The Holy Quran, 63:10
As you may have read, since the wrongful arrest of our Outreach Director Moazzam Begg in February 2014, we have been consistently targeted, making it financially and operationally difficult to do the work we strive to do.
Watch our promo video here:
Challenges that we are facing
- Our bank accounts shut down and prevented from opening a new one
- Outreach Director wrongly arrested
- Other Directors, investigated
- The media were used to target and malign our activities
- Using the Charity Commission to make it impossible for CAGE to obtain funding or associate with others
Achievements over the past year despite pressures
- Launched a legal challenge against the Charity Commission to judicially review their excessive intervention in charities compelling them to stop working with CAGE.
- Published several reports warning of the dangers of the PREVENT strategy through the implementation of the Counter Terrorism and Security Bill (it has now been made statutory via the CTS Act).
- Worked behind the scenes attempting to secure the release of Alan Henning from his captors in Syria. We also revealed the UK government’s failings in the Henning case.
- Launched the campaign ‘Is it a crime to care?’ in response to the increased criminalisation of humanitarian work connected to Syria.
- Launched the #StopTheBill campaign to oppose the Counter-Terrorism and Security (CTS) Bill.
- Provided extensive evidence of I5 harassment in the case of Mohammed Emwazi, highlighted the role the security services may have played
- Assisted with over 130 cases, ranging from house raids and arrests to cases of rendition.
- Organised three national ‘know your rights’ tours, community events aimed at spreading legal advice and awareness.
How you can help
- Donating Online: Donate via I Give Online (Using Debit Card or Paypal)
- Sending us cash donations by recorded delivery, please send all post to:
- Call us on 0207 377 6700 or email email@example.com if you are based in London, we can arrange for someone to pick up the cash donation from you.
(NOTE: CAGE represents cases of individuals based on the remit of our work. Supporting a case does not mean we agree with the views or actions of the individual. Content published on CAGE may not reflect the official position of our organisation.)