Have you ever felt anxious or reserved in class?
Have you ever felt a desire for political or moral change?
Have you ever disagreed with UK Foreign Policy?
Have you ever questioned western media reporting?
If you responded ‘yes’ to any of the above, you may be liable to court-sanctioned accusations of radicalisation.
UCLU believes that PREVENT will destroy the trust needed for a safe and supportive learning environment, encouraging dsicrimination against BME and Muslim staff and students.
Come and discuss how we can work together to oppose PREVENT and campaign for the repeal of the legislation.
– Moazzam Begg – Former Guantanamo prisoner and CAGE outreach director
– Rahmaan Mohammadi – Student questioned for justice for palestine activity
– Ifhat Shaheen-Smith – Son was questioned for using the term “ecoterrorism” in class
– Sean Wallis – President, UCL UCU
– Malia Bouattia – NUS Black Students’ Campaign
– Rachel Harger – Defend the right to protest & Civil liberties trainee lawyer
Monday 7th March 2016, 18:00 – 20:00
University College London, Gower Street, Cruciform LT1
For more information please visit the event page.
(NOTE: CAGE represents cases of individuals based on the remit of our work. Supporting a case does not mean we agree with the views or actions of the individual. Content published on CAGE may not reflect the official position of our organisation.)