A major national conference bringing together speakers, organisations and activists from anti-racist campaigns across Europe. The conference will examine the current struggle against racism in Britain and beyond such as the fight against Islamophobia and antisemitism, defending civil liberties and migrants rights and building solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement in the US.
The humanitarian crisis in Europe will also be discussed with the intention of developing an action plan for activists and organisations who want to campaign for more to be done for refugees.
- From the US to Britain – Black Lives Matter
- Prevent, the Extremism Bill and defending civil liberties
- Brexit: Defend Migrant Rights & freedom of movement
- Trump to UKIP – opposing right wing populism
- Europe and the renewed threat of fascism & the far right
- Refugees Welcome Here
- Love Music Hate Racism
- Austerity and the rise in racism
Moazzam Begg will speak at the ‘Prevent, the extremism bill and the defence of civil liberties‘ session from 10.45am – 12pm.
Date: Sat 8 October 2016
Time: 10:30 – 17:30
(NOTE: CAGE represents cases of individuals based on the remit of our work. Supporting a case does not mean we agree with the views or actions of the individual. Content published on CAGE may not reflect the official position of our organisation.)